The 6th World Strategic Forum Returns to Miami
The 6th World Strategic Forum Returns to Miami
MIAMI, FLORIDA (Mar. 15, 2016) –The 6th edition of the World Strategic Forum returns to Miami, Florida on April 11-12, 2016. This year’s Conference will address the opportunities for Pioneering Growth and Prosperity in an increasingly volatile and uncertain political and economic global environment.
The two-day Conference, which is an initiative of the International Economic Forum of the Americas, was created to promote an exchange of views and ideas on pressing issues of our times among world leaders, renowned experts and business executives. Included among the topics to be discussed at this year’s Conference are:
- Globalization Challenged – As the World continues to flatten, what are the economic and political ramifications of our continued interconnectivity? How will leaders respond to the opportunities and challenges of this dynamic trend?
- The Impact of Today’s Disruption – Technology is transforming our World, causing an era of incredible opportunity and enormous upheaval. What are the global consequences of the advances in manufacturing, communications, energy, health and education innovation and technology?
- Growth and Sustainability – As the world’s population roars past the 7 billion mark, how does the global community balance the needs for economic growth and opportunity with the challenges of increasing environmental concerns?
“As the ongoing tectonic shifts in the political and economic environment continue to reshape our world, it is more important than ever that leaders engage in a constructive dialogue on how to address the challenges and opportunities we face as a global community,” said Nicholas Rémillard, president and CEO of the International Economic Forum of the Americas and the World Strategic Forum. “This year’s Forum brings together a diverse group of political and economic leaders to Miami, one of the most dynamic and diverse cities in the World.”
Some confirmed speakers for the event include:
CO-CHAIRS OF THE 6TH EDITION OF THE WORLD STRATEGIC FORUM
- Thomas J. Donohue, President and Chief Executive Officer, United States Chamber of Commerce
- Enrique García Rodríguez, President, Development Bank of Latin American (CAF)
MONDAY, APRIL 11TH – GLOBAL ECONOMY, FINANCE AND INNOVATION
- Anant Agarwal, Chief Executive Officer, edX
- Khaled Almaeena, Editor-at-Large, Saudi Gazette
- Luis Almagro Lemes, Secretary General, Organization of American States (OAS)
- Shaukat Aziz, Prime Minister Pakistan (2004-2007)
- Álvaro Baltodano, Minister-Presidential Delegate for Investment; and President, PRONicaragua
- Marek Belka, Governor, Central Bank of Poland
- Mario Bergara, Governor, Central Bank of Uruguay
- Gina Burkhardt, Chief Executive Officer, Jobs for the Future
- Arnold W. Donald, President and Chief Executive Officer, Carnival Corporation & plc.
- Rebeca Grynspan, Secretary General, Ibero-American Secretary General (SEGIB)
- Tiemoko Meyliet Koné, Governor, Central Bank of West African States
- Eduardo José Padrón, President, Miami Dade College
- John-Paul Rathbone, Latin-America Editor, Financial Times
- Ellis Rubinstein, President and Chief Executive Officer, The New York Academy of Sciences
TUESDAY, APRIL 12TH – ENERGY, INFRASTRUCTURE AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
- Steven Cernak, Chief Executive & Port Director, Port Everglades Department of Broward County
- Ed Crooks, US Industry and Energy Editor, Financial Times
- Emilio T. González, Director and Chief Executive Officer, Miami-Dade Aviation Department
- Bill Johnson, Secretary of Commerce, State of Florida; and President & Chief Executive Officer, Enterprise Florida Inc.
- Juan Kuryla, Chief Executive Officer and Port Director, PortMiami
- Carol Melton, Executive Vice-President, Global Public Policy, Time Warner Inc.
- Rafael Moreno Valle, Governor, State of Puebla, Mexico
- John Negroponte, John D., 15th U.S. Deputy Secretary of State; Chairman, Council of the Americas; and Vice Chairman, McLarty Associates
- Jorge L. Quijano, Chief Executive Officer, Panama Canal Authority (ACP)
- Eric Silagy, President and Chief Executive Officer, Florida Power & Light Company (FPL)
For a complete roster of confirmed speakers, and updates to the list, please visit http://feia.forum-americas.org/miami/2016/speakers
About the World Strategic Forum
The World Strategic Forum is presented by the International Economic Forum of the Americas (IEFA). Its mission is to address the major governance challenges of the new world economic order.
The objective of the World Strategic Forum is to foster a better understanding of opportunities and challenges at stake in the Global Market. The Forum also seeks to provide a platform for business meetings in a broad spectrum of sectors, including banking and finance, and to foster sustainable economic development.
For more information about the World Strategic Forum, please visit: http://feia.forum-americas.org/miami
Domestic and foreign journalists are invited to cover the entire proceedings of the World Strategic Forum. To attend the event, journalists, photographers, and media technical staff must register by contacting Ray Ruga at email@example.com, or +1 (305) 733-3155, by Friday, April 8, 2016.